Rotary District 7570 was started almost 100 years ago in 1914, as a part of the 4th District of Rotary, although it did not attain its current shape, paralleling the western slope of the Blue Ridge Mountains, until 1937 when a bit of Tennessee was added and the eastern part of Virginia was placed in a separate District.
Extending almost 435 miles from Greeneville, Tennessee to Winchester, Virginia, our District is truly scenic with mountains, valleys, rivers, farms and small towns.
District 7570 is currently comprised of 85 clubs with over 4,200 members. Over the years it has provided significant support to the Rotary Foundation including contributions of more than $4.2 million, recipients of 90 Ambassadorial Scholarships and more than 60 Group Study Exchange teams. It has also been involved in many World Community Service projects and matching grants, as well as countless worthwhile local activities.
Our District distinguished itself in Rotary International having been selected as one of twelve Districts to pioneer the new District Leadership Plan. The late William E. Skelton of our Christiansburg-Blacksburg Club was a Past President of Rotary International and Edgar C. Hatcher of our Bristol VA-TN Club is a Past Rotary International Director.
Our GSE Team spans almost the entire length of our District.